Inkscape svg to pdf and $\LaTeX$ fonts in Inkscape (Ubuntu 12.10)

The Llama and I are presenting posters the day after tomorrow. I made mine in Inkscape using the $\LaTeX$ Computer Modern font, and had some troubles getting it to export properly to a .pdf file for printing using Inkscape's export functions.

To get Computer Modern font in Inkscape, I followed this blog post and copied the appropriate files to ~/.fonts

To get a .pdf that was suitable for printing the poster, instead of using Inkscape to export to a .pdf (which did not properly save the fonts), I exported a bitmap, and converted the exported .png file with convert, which was already in my Ubuntu distribution (Ubuntu 12.10).
convert input.png output.pdf
Conversion in this fashion maintained everything as expected.

Comments

Popular Posts